Skillshare – Understanding and Painting the Head
Perhaps nothing is more essential for an artist to understand than human head. Drawing and painting the head well presents us with almost every major drawing challenge: form, proportion, perspective, anatomy, complexity, simplicity, etc.
In Chapter 1, Marco will break the head with focus on the most important things you need to understand to draw and paint it well. These are not just anatomy lessons. They are designed with application in mind to give you the full scope of the art process, from understanding to execution.
In Chapter 2, Marco will paint the head in full color and light. Over several demonstrations, he will discuss how to go about simplifying and managing all the information presented in Chapter 1, turning it into a beautiful, artful image.
At the end of the class, several tutorials are included, which can help you design your own assignments and actionable steps.
What you will get out of the class:
- Critical insight into the complexities of the head, and how to simplify them and present the information well in drawing or painting
- Practical information you can apply widely: from fine art portrait painting to character design to comic books
- Both a technical understanding of the human head as well as artistic interpretations, and how to distinguish between the two
- Insight into the general art of fundamentals: value, shape, light and shadow
- Fundamentals you can bring to all art subjects beyond just the head
- What to look for in order to create the greatest possible impact with your paintings
- Development of a mindset that fosters confidence in your workflow
- Learn a non-technical, artistic approach to digital painting, relevant in any software
Course title: Skillshare – Understanding and Painting the Head
Level: Suitable for everyone
Total time of the course: 7.19 hours
Number of image files: 19
Year of training: 2019
Workout file: not
Course coach: Marco Bucci